Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend of drama

What a weekend!!

I won't go into too many details but this was probably the most drama I've seen in a weekend so far.

Sat night, I went to one of my neighbour's housewarming party. Things were going great until around 3am when some ppl wanted to listen to salsa music and the host didn't have any so I volunteered to go up to my apartment and bring down my laptop with my external hdd which houses all my mp3s.

At around 330-ish, I was getting ready to leave soon when a girl at the party tripped over my hdd power cord and the entire external hdd topelled to the ground. :( I was really upset and she gave me her number saying she'd pay for the damages and to call her tomorrow.

I went home crying. Maybe to some ppl computer stuff is just hardware, but to me it's more than that. So the next day, my neighbour borrowed my hdd and tested it in his system. it's fine thank god! but the power cord is definitively dead. So naturally, I call the girl to tell her that it's just the case that's busted and i'll need to get a new case. She said it wouldn't be a problem since they only cost around $10. I said "um.. no they don't. They average 40$ and go up to almost 80$ for a super expensive one" That's when she became difficult. Making up reasons to not pay for it. Give me a break, I know it was an accident, you offered to pay the damages and no offence but if i break something of someone's, no questions asked, I'd replace it. She finally gave in after a few mins of arguing and offered to leave the cash with the housewarming host (the apartment she was actually staying at she was from out of town). I called the host of the party and left her a message to make sure that she was aware that her friend would leave the cash with her.

I haven't heard back from her so let's hope there aren't any further problems. *sigh*

My iPod died on Friday as well :( THe battery is dunzo. So I ordered a new iPod lol. This one had lasted me a good 3 yrs that's good enoguh for me!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I was cringing already as soon as I read 'volunteered' 'bring down my laptop' 'all my mp3s'.....luckily it's fixable! :-)

Sean said...

Jimena, I learned a long time ago that no one gives a crap about my hardware. My parents taught me to share but my rule is that if it has platters spinning at 5400-10000RPM I don't let anyone near it. That is what USB and flash memory is for :)

I take my hat off to another victim of the war on end-useritis. May your innocent hard drive enclosure find the peace in death that it was robbed of in life. *sniffle/whimper"