Saturday, March 31, 2007
I found a photo of the exact bedframe we're getting.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
So not only was I in total shock but I was also concerned of where I was going to find another accountant who was just as wonderful. I dove right in looking for one and even though lots of my friends gave me numbers to their own personal accountants, I hesitated calling any of them not sure why.
Yesterday, a girlfriend of mine hosted a "candle party" (partylite.com). I had never been to one and thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't know anyone there besides my friend the host and her younger sister and her mom. Close to the end of the show, I sat next to a girl named Marguerite, we got to talking and for some reason, her parents came into the conversation. She was telling me how her dad had passed away in December and how he had his own business. For some strange reason, I had a feeling I had to ask her dad's name. When she said the name it was my accountant!!! I was so overwhelmed my eyes started watering. She went on to tell me how the funeral was and how he had died peacefully in his sleep. She also said that her dad had a partner and she had taken over all of his clients. It was like a god-send I tell ya. I got her number and I'm going to call her today. It's as if her dad had been watching over us all along.
I may not be an everyday practising catholic but when things like these occur, I get a chill down my back and really fall back to my christian beliefs.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
We are going to be painting the walls sometime in the next few weeks and fixing up the dining area and putting up decorations on the walls so that's why this is all I'm showing for now. More photos to come as we move along with our decorating!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
I'm not regretting anything of course, but it's still sad to be closing a chapter of my life.
What I'll miss:
- Fireworks on Canada Day from my balcony
- Killer sunsets during the summer from any of my windows
- Walking to and from work
- Next door to LCBO
- Wine & cheeses with my neighbours
- The great party room
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
What I won't miss:
- The elevators constantly breaking down; having to go up 12 flights of stairs!
- Gym always being busy
- Small spaces
- Fire alarm going off at odd hours of the day/night
- Firetrucks/ambulances/police car sirens going off at all hours of the day
- The bums across the street
- Not seeing Jimmy every day
Now that I'm in Orleans permanently, I'm looking at getting my own set of wheels sometime this summer b/c Jimmy has priority over the car and it sucks at times. Like today, he's gone to teach a course at army and I'm home bound all day until he returns. Not that I mind I've got enough to keep me busy today just sucks that's all!
Friday, March 16, 2007
Jimmy's roommate moves out tomorrow and we're going to pick up the remainder of my furniture (which isn't a lot) from the apartment on Sunday. I can't wait to start decorating the house as I see fit. Pretty much everything in the living/dining room belonged to Jimmy's roommate so it will be nice to finally give it MY touch! I'm hoping to start painting the walls in a month's time. We have our first overnight guests coming up from NY in May so I'd like to at least have the walls painted and the guest room and their bathroom nicely decorated.
Guys i'm completely addicted to facebook!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Monday, March 12, 2007
Luckily, now that I've moved in with Jimmy, we have finally set up the internet and I just have to get back into the groove of things.
My apartment is almost totally bare!! We're moving everything out on Sunday evening and next week I'm going in to finish painting over my wall holes and clean the apartment for the new tenant who moves on the 24th!
Things at the house have been good, his roommate just came back from being gone for work to Germany for the last month and half so she's got some packing to do before she moves out this coming weekend.
The cats are getting on Jimmy's nerves. I am still pretty concerned that something major will happen and he'll make me give them up :( They've been living at his place fulltime since February and we've already had 3 major incidents with them wrekking things.
- They figured out how to jump on top of his side speakers, then jump on top of the big screen TV and then walk across the TV knocking over the centre speaker which for now, sits on top of the TV. The centre speaker fell backwards and created 2 holes in the wall. Luckily the speaker was fine.
- We came back from grocery shopping one evening to find that the front entry vase which sits on top of a coffee table had been knocked over. This is a huge vase with luckily, no water in it since it houses fake flowers but there were pebbles in the vase and some of the pebbles chipped the hardwood flooring. He wasn't impressed at all.
- Just last weekend, they climbed on top of the centre speaker and knocked it over once again, created 2 new holes, so now we have 4 holes in the wall we have to fix.
He said that was it for chances, one more and he's giving them away. :( So to try to minimize the issues, I'm locking them in the laundry room while we're not home. I hate doing it but I would be devestated if he gave them away. I can't honestly blame him though, they've already broken my computer printer by pulling on the cord, I had to buy a new one cos it was completely busted and cost more to fix than to buy a new one. Jimmy bought me roses a few months back and I put them in a vase and left them as a centrepiece on our dinette table, well the cats completely destroyed it, there were petals everywhere. Cats will be cats, I guess, I just really do not want anything else bad to happen!