Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Kittens: Day 1

So far so good!!

I was going to keep them in my bathroom for the day with their food and the kitty litter. But they are already litter trained and they are pretty well behaved. I woke up this morning to a clean litter but so far, so messes in my apartment so I really hope they start using the litter. I'm going to stay freaked out until I finally see messes in the litter cos for now, if they make a mess on my couch, I have nothing to clean it with!! I'm going this weekend to buy some spray stuff just in case they do make a mess on my couch.

I don't know how it works, I've taken them to the litter and so I've basically shown them where it is, but I wonder if they would remember where it is? I don't know if they know where the litter is by the smell of it or something? Regardless, I'm going home for lunch as much as I can until I see that they are using the litterbox regularly.

I've finally named them. Coco & Nala. I still don't know what sex they are I can't figure it out! The male kittens don't get their testes until a few months later I read somewhere. So I'm going to try to book an appointment with a vet this weekend to get their first set of shots and get the vet to tell me if they are male or female.

Now that they are getting comfy in my apartment, I feel bad that I'll have to take them for a few days to Jimmy's house cos I don't want to leave them alone in my place just yet. They will be freaked out at Jimmy's house cos it's bigger but oh well that will be their permanent home come the spring! :)

If anyone has any more tips/suggestions that I should know about kittens please let me know!

I'll try to take photos at lunch or after work.

Oh and my friend from work was supposed to come home with me for lunch to see the kittens but she got into a bad car accident last night on St. Laurent & Hunt Club. I can't find any info online if any of you find anything please link!! Supposedly it was a few car pile up thanks to a truck of some sort losing control and skidding into a car which made a domino effect. She said she was one of the lucky ones, most ppl were taken away in ambulances!!! YIKES! Another friend emailed me to tell me she passed by the scene of the accident and it was brutal with debrie everywhere!... If I find the link, I'll post. I'm just glad she's ok but her car is completely totalled.

No comments: