Saturday, July 01, 2006

Canada Day

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Today is probably going to be one of my longest days! Like I said, I'm on call this weekend. I wasn't expecting to get called in until sometime Sat (it was a guarantee I'd have to work on sat and sun for a bit) so I'm getting ready to go out on Friday night and my freakin phone rings! it's work!!! They are just giving me a heads up on what is going on. They tell me that the Minister needs these things published by 8am Sat *cries* which means, I'd have to go in to work to do the work (finalize the press release and link to it and send out a mailing list to subscribers) so my night was ruined. I still went out but all I could think about was that I should leave and get to bed early so I could rise and head to work at 730am. I left my friends at midnight and came home, checked my work email and nothing new had come in. I went to bed, set my alarm for 7am and here I am today. I'm exhausted, I didn't sleep well and I want to go back to bed.

I just checked my work email and after I replied to a client last night at midnight to let me know tomorrow morning when we'd be ready to release all the pages to the public, he replies half an hour later (I had logged off by then) and says "well it looks like everything is going to be postponed, will advise once I receive more info" WTF!! I JUST SET MY ALARM, WOKE UP AND NOW HE'S SAYING TO NOT GO IN FOR 8AM? fuck this is so annoying! If it's postponed, i hope it's postponed till at least tomorrow. I just don't want my c-day ruined by going back and forth in to work. Regardless, I already made some money cos I got a callback while on call.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Stupid work! :-P Well, at least you're enjoying waking up in your new place, right?