Friday, July 14, 2006

Leaking

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I get home from work yesterday and as I'm about to put some more photo frames up on my wall, I notice something strange in one of the top wall corners. I go to inspect and my freakin' ceiling was leaking! I touched the wall and it was fresh and didn't smell strange. So I quickly called the after hours emergency number and the super was quickly dispatched to my place.

We couldn't figure out what it was, especially since we went to the apartment above mine and noone has moved in there yet. Nothing seemed to be leaking from there. He said he'd have one of the contractors come to take a look in the morning.

I decided to stay home the next morning to make sure things got done. At 9AM, the super with the contractor (Dan - awesome awesome guy!) came by. He knew right away what it was. The a/c unit for the apartment above me was leaking water. Turns out it got clogged and it overflowed. He said the same thing happened to someone on the 10th floor so he'd get the a/c guy to come fix it. I gave him my work number to call me and let me know what the deal was.

I just talked to Dan. Everything is under control. They've soaked up all the excess water from the a/c unit above me and are in the process of drying the wall but it can take up to 2 days to completely dry it. They can't repaint or do anything until the entire concrete wall is dry. So they are coming first thing on Monday morning to repaint and refix.

THANK GOD!

1 comment:

Dan Webster said...

OH WOW! Good thing it's all fixed up; ther fun of being a home owner!