Friday, July 07, 2006

Surprises

So since the high school reunion email was sent out, I think I've received that same email at least twice! One time from this girl I haven't talked to in yrs for some reason she still had me on her list. So I replied to her and we got to catching up on email it was nice.

Then today, I go to check my voice messages on my cellphone and someone who I used to be best friends with in high school and later drifted apart, and then eventually stopped talking to b/c of something she did to me (long story) last October, left me a message on my machine apologizing and wanting to rekindle, even though 9 months had passed by already. It was a complete shock and I was almost intears b/c what she did totally hurt my feelings and was pissed to realize that she obviously didn't care b/c she never called or emailed to apologize. Anyhoo, the message basically was all apologetic and begging me to call her so she can continue to kiss my feet.

I'm going to give her a second chance. Or at least, let her say what she has to say. But I'm not holding back this time, I'm going to tell her everything that she has done to me in the past that has hurt me and how badly. It will be a pretty teary conversation from both sides I'm sure so I'm getting mentally prepared. I know things between us will never be the same but I'm willing to give it another shot and start from scratch as if we were "new" friends. The only reason I'm giving her this chance is b/c of how much we have gone through. We've known each other closely since we were 13 yrs old and we are now both 27. Longest I've known someone close to me.

She's calling back this weekend so we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Mike said...

lol "continue to kiss my feet" - I sure like you! Old friends really are special tho, so good luck with that. On a completely unrelated side note, does my blogsite look pink to you? Someone just commented about it - I've always thought it was red? Just wondering if people have been coming to strange conclusions about me, if my page really looks pink.....