Tuesday, June 20, 2006

T - 5 days

What a night!

Jimmy invited an old high school friend over with his wife for dinner. I cooked them chicken à l'orange. At Jimmy's request, it was a success just as I expected hehe ;) Anyhoo, while I was cooking the meal, we got a nasty thunder & lightning storm and we lost power for about 20 mins! I was freaking out! Thankfully it came back on. We heard it was some kind of an accident on 10th & old 10th line, I guess someone crashed into a power pole? anyone else in Ottawa hear anything about this? I didn't hear anything on the news so I'm going to call around some other friends who live close to us to see if they also lost power.

So I've been shopping around for a kitten. I'm not sure if I want to go to the humaine society and pay the $250 for the kitten or get a free one which this lady at my work is giving away. The problem with the free ones is they usually don't come with their first set of shots nor any carrying cases/litter box so I'd have to buy that seperately. The ones from the humaine society DO come with their first set of shots and are usually already fixed or they give you a discount to get them fixed at the vet. I'm not sure what to do! I'm totallly going to get one though but we'll see what happens. I may wait until later in July or Aug.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I just now got the "T - 5" thing lol - you sure are excited about your new place :-) By the way, I couldn't dare to part with my kitty, but if you're interested in a Momma raccoon and her five cute little babies just let me know - I'll pay the shipping myself! j/k I'll try to get some pictures online - I've almost got these cute little things eating right from my hand (but as you can imagine they're getting a little TOO comfortable around my house...)