Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Annoyed

There are days where I think I work with the best people, then there are other days when I feel I'm working with a bunch of back stabbers. Today happens to be one of those days.

My boss took Friday & Monday off and since, some of us have access to remote admin from home, I told one of the ladies on my team that I'd probably be working from home on Monday since our boss wouldn't be in.

So Monday came and went and I worked as much as I could from home. Today my boss is in and she comes over to me and says "So I heard you worked from home on Monday, why?" I was dumbfounded, I seriously didn't think she'd find out. See, it's not that we're not allowed to work from home but we have to have a legitimate excuse; doctor's appointment in middle of afternoon, kid is sick, getting something delivered, etc, plus we have to let everyone including the boss know before this happens. I of course, did none of this, only told this other lady in case she wondered why I wasn't in. I seriously didn't think it was a big deal. Well my boss thought otherwise, I got a huge lecture that I shouldn't have worked from home cos she wasn't in and bla bla bla. Whatever. I didn't have a reason for staying home I told her, I just thought I'd try out this remote access to see how well it works, I even told her that as she could see by all the emails I cc'ed her on and all the workd I completed that things were getting done.

I don't like to point fingers, but it's obvious who blabbed. What a beotch. I don't see what the point of it was for her to tell her in the first place, I would have never told on her ever. But I guess that's the difference between her and I. She was probably annoyed that she had to come in and I didn't bother. She can kiss my ass.

I now am 100% convinced that I can't trust/rely on anyone in this division. Screw them.

4 comments:

Sean said...

If you know who it is confront her. Tell her that she was the only person that was told. Ask her why she did it. Then from that point on don't do anything for her. Don't ever help her again.

Sounds petty but your team is supposed to have your back. You weren't slacking and you did your work. She violated the trust and needs to be excluded. Don't be overt, just screw her over every chance you get unless it will get you in trouble.

Mike said...

heh, office politics i guess...i've had plenty of back-stabbing happen to me too (even family members that I've gotten jobs have done it to me). but oh well, they'll have to answer for it someday. I just can't imagine anyone doing something like that to someone as wonderful as you! :-) Yea, that lady can kiss my *ss too, ha,ha,ha

Dan Webster said...

MAN! That blows!

Anonymous said...

One day, you are going to get an email from your boss. This is what it is going to say.

Actually, let's hope not.