Thursday, November 30, 2006

Global Warming?

I can't believe it's currently 16 degrees celcius outside. WTF! Not that I'm complaining or anything it's great! If it stays like this for the next couple of days I'm going to go back to wearing skirts!! Maybe we'll get a nice green christmas for once. Though I'm sure that won't be the case, it's gotta be global warming. The United States and Canada are two of the largest global emitters of the greenhouse gases that contribute to a warming climate which can make our summers disgustingly hot and our winters pretty mild. But do most of us even really know what Global Warming really is? I did a search online and came across an interested CBC article online which gave me all the background info I needed.

2 comments:

Dan Webster said...

YEAH! No kidding the weather's farked, check the weather in Vancouver lately? You've got out weather, and we've got yours!!

Sean said...

If you haven't seen it yet I recommend seeing An Inconvenient Truth. Extremely informative and alarming really.

He talks about this one thing that I heard about years ago where an event like melting polar ice cools the gulf stream ocean current to the point where warm temperatures from the equator stop being brought up in the ocean currents and it triggers a mini ice age within something like 10 years... Crazy. Seriously check it out.

I have replaced all our lights with compact fluorescent lights. Our electrical bill is only $65 every 2 months. You should do it. Our next car in 2 years will be a hybrid or a full electric if they become available.