Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blast from the past II

I recently got an email from a childhood friend I haven't seen/talked to in 20 years! Can you believe that? All thanks to this cheesy website called "Where Are You Now?". It's actually a pretty cheesy website and since I hadn't been on it in years, I logged on to remove my account when I noticed I had messages in my inbox. I clicked and discovered a private message from a girl I used to be best friends with when I lived in Peru!!! We went to preschool, kindergarten and grade 1 together until my dad's job sent us over to Europe and I lost contact with her.

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE FOUND ME THROUGH THE SITE!!

I'm still in complete shock. So is she. She seems to be doing really well for herself. She's married and is a lawyer, living in a house overloaking the ocean! We're planning on meeting up when I go back to Lima in Jan. I cannot wait. I've tried to reconnect with a few of the girls I hung out with when I was still living in Lima but it's been close to impossible to find them. It's fate that Augusta (that's her name) found me. All I need now, is to find my best friend in Belgium named Astrid. I can't even remember her last name. She was also the child of a diplomat but with the Norwegian embassy and left with her parents to go back to Norway.. wonder what she's up to these days....

No comments: