Thursday, September 21, 2006

We are not the same~

I just read this on my friend Sean's blog and thought I'd share with you guys as well.

... Some asshat MP is trying to turn Canada in to the US where copyright is concerned.

Go here and choose your province and then your MP. The letter against it is all written up to submit to your member of parliament. You just enter your name and address and then send it in to register your stance against americanizing Canadian copyright laws. The main push is to prevent legislation that would make it illegal to circumvent DRM on your legally owned media. This is a step back. It would open us up to being sued a la RIAA. TAKE A STAND!

http://www.onlinerights.ca/
....

He's completely right, I just signed and sent off a letter, now it's your turn to vote and stop the insanity!!

2 comments:

Sean said...

I ended up sending letters to the ministers of industry and heritage as well as to the prime minister directly. It would suck if this passes in the house. We are currently paying tarifs of recordable media and MP3 players. If this law passes crap like what Sony tried to pull with the rootkit is something we wouldn't be allowed to circumvent by law. We would have to accept that the pwnd our computers to make sure we could backup the CD we paid $20 for just so we could hear 1 or 2 good songs. It would also limit which MP3 players you could load it on... HELP STOP IT!!!

Sean said...

The last bit of my rant should have read "We would have to accept that they pwnd our computers to make sure we couldn't backup the CD we paid $20 for just so we could hear 1 or 2 good songs. It would also limit which MP3 players you could load it on... HELP STOP IT!!!"

I often sound stupid when I am passionate about something... You should hear me try and express my love for my girlfriend. Scary.