Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Is 'websafe' really dead??

It's a neverending battle working for the gov't and designing Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! All these rules, all these pointless guidelines! Drive me bonkers.

All day I've been arguing back and forth with the 'big bosses' in regards to the usage of "websafe colours". They insist I continue to use the boring 216 colour palette. WTF! Do ppl still use that?? I could understand back 2 or 4 yrs ago but now a days? With the advancements of computers?!!

My back is also killing me and I'm considering going in for acupunture. Though, I'm a big wuss and I'm concerned about the pain but I heard that for a lot of ppl it works! I have sore muscles and I'm tired of going to the masseuse and coming out still in pain after paying the big bucks for a massage. We'll see though, gotta save the cash and not spend a lot the move is next month! lalalala! I"ve already started packing! I counted 5 boxes yesterday. Oh yea, that's one thing I'm pretty organized about!

3 comments:

Mike said...

just a thought - maybe your big bosses are wanting u to stick to websafe-colors for people who r running older pcs or older operating systems??? there really is a large percentage of users who really are on old machines with old software...i don't know, though. have yourself a good weekend Jimena!

Sean said...

What?! No way... computer that are old enought to be limited to that palette have long since rusted/rotted away...

When I moved in to my new house I couldn't pack until 2 days before or I would have had nowhere to sleep or walk... I hate moving... even though it was in to a shiny new house...

Dan Webster said...

Hmm, old computers are likely some of the most prevalent visiting boring Government websites, my bet!