Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Holiday! I know I did, though I feel like it went by too quickly. Why do the weekends and holidays always zip by but the workdays are slow as hell??

Santa was great to me. I received:
  • New luggage (suitcase & matching carry-on bag) perfect for my trip to Peru
  • "Say Anything" with John Cusack, Cube & Season 3 of Degreassi Jr. High
  • Gift certificates for Place D'Orleans
  • Clothes
  • Socks
  • Slippers
  • Dessert fondue & main meal fondue set
  • PADERNO 40-set pots & pans (well Jimmy got it from his parents but I'll be the one mostly using it)
  • Cooking books
I can't wait to leave for Peru in less than 2 weeks. It's starting to get pretty cold here in Ottawa and I'm starting to get depressed by it. It's supposed to only be -6 celcius right now but it's soo damp/humid outside it feels soo much colder. The cold really goes right to your bones :(

My cats have finally figured out that they are able to climb on our kitchen counters. Jimmy and I are not very amused. They have been punished today and are locked in the laundry room until we get home from work. I'm going to invest in some professional deterrent this weekend but in the meantime, I've been told to try putting tin foil on the counters, supposedly cats don't like the feel of tin foil on their paws nor the sound. I'm going to test it out with a small piece when I get home before putting tinfoil on our counter tops.

Does anyone know what they are doing for NYE?? It's Jimmy's turn to pick something and he's leaving it until the last minute I hate that!! We don't have plans yet oh well :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christine and I are having a house party. We plan on playing poker, guitar hero and drinking. I also have some loud fireworks to set off at midnight. My neighbors will love me :)