Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Changes?

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm thinking it's going to be a great one too. What better way to kick in the new year than with a raise?! I'm soo happy! Crappy thing is, I'm almost at the end of my pay scale, if I want to make more money, I'll have to apply to a higher level job and to do that, I have to get more experience under my belt, so guess who's going back to school part time this fall? I'm not sure what I'll be taking yet so we'll have to see, but I"m def staying in the techie world.

I leave for Peru in 6 days :D I'll be documenting as much as I can of my trip as possible on my travelpod.com website and on my blog so if any of you would like to be kept up to date on my travel adventures, please email me so I may add your email to my travelpod.com update list.

I've also had a few leads on my apartment. Some guy from Mexico who is coming to finish his PhD at Ottawa U. this spring is coming in feb to check out my pad. So keep your fingers crossed peeps! Once I return from Peru, I'm most likely going to lower my price a bit if it doesn't work out with the Mexican.

Jimmy's roommate looks like she found an apartment and possibly moving for March 1. Which is perfect cos that's when I wanted to move in with Jimmy. So here's to hoping everything goes as planned!

I've also talked to my good friend Jason who is doing his masters in Ultrecht, Netherlands that I'll be going to visit him for 2 weeks sometime in Aug. He's graduating so after that we're planning on travelling through Ultrecht, visiting my sister in Herentals, Belgium and then heading off to either: Tunisia, Turkey, Morocco or Spain & Portugal!! I can't wait!

My kitties are getting so big! I'm going to miss them while I'm in Peru but luckily I found a good friend who will be staying at my apartment while I'm gone taking care of them. It works out for the both of us since she works in the west end and currently lives at her parents in orelans, this will be a nice break for her from them and will be closer to work and will work out if she wants to go out at night she's right in the market!

I signed up for beginner Italian classes and beginner Japanese courses at work LOL we'll see how well I do. Plus I'm doing advanced writing in French as well. yikes I hope I can balance all three language courses heeh.

No comments: