Thursday, March 29, 2007

Life works in mysterious ways...

I'm not sure if I posted about this before but I found out a few weeks ago that our accountant passed away from cancer in December by total fluke. I was looking for his phone number and couldn't find it so I decided to look him up on the net and lo and behold, the first link was a memoriam to him along with his photo. I was in total shock. This accountant had been doing our entire families finances since 1990. He was like a part of the family, being there for my mom when my parents split up and always coming to our house to do our taxes and take the time to explain how finances worked to me and my brother as we began to file our income tax. An amazing and sweet man for sure.

So not only was I in total shock but I was also concerned of where I was going to find another accountant who was just as wonderful. I dove right in looking for one and even though lots of my friends gave me numbers to their own personal accountants, I hesitated calling any of them not sure why.

Yesterday, a girlfriend of mine hosted a "candle party" (partylite.com). I had never been to one and thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't know anyone there besides my friend the host and her younger sister and her mom. Close to the end of the show, I sat next to a girl named Marguerite, we got to talking and for some reason, her parents came into the conversation. She was telling me how her dad had passed away in December and how he had his own business. For some strange reason, I had a feeling I had to ask her dad's name. When she said the name it was my accountant!!! I was so overwhelmed my eyes started watering. She went on to tell me how the funeral was and how he had died peacefully in his sleep. She also said that her dad had a partner and she had taken over all of his clients. It was like a god-send I tell ya. I got her number and I'm going to call her today. It's as if her dad had been watching over us all along.

I may not be an everyday practising catholic but when things like these occur, I get a chill down my back and really fall back to my christian beliefs.

Thanks Bryan!

1 comment:

Dan Webster said...

WOW! What are the chances?