Sunday, March 18, 2007

The day is drawing near...

Today we move whatever is left in my apartment to the house. I thought I wouldn't be sad but in a way I am. My life as a bachelorette and living downtown all alone is coming to a close! The apartment I had dreamed about and looked forward to finally moving into has come and gone. I can't believe I bought it back in April 2003 and didn't get to move in until June 2006 and now it's March 2007 and I'm in a house now.

I'm not regretting anything of course, but it's still sad to be closing a chapter of my life.

What I'll miss:

- Fireworks on Canada Day from my balcony
- Killer sunsets during the summer from any of my windows
- Walking to and from work
- Next door to LCBO
- Wine & cheeses with my neighbours
- The great party room
- Floor-to-ceiling windows

What I won't miss:

- The elevators constantly breaking down; having to go up 12 flights of stairs!
- Gym always being busy
- Small spaces
- Fire alarm going off at odd hours of the day/night
- Firetrucks/ambulances/police car sirens going off at all hours of the day
- The bums across the street
- Not seeing Jimmy every day

Now that I'm in Orleans permanently, I'm looking at getting my own set of wheels sometime this summer b/c Jimmy has priority over the car and it sucks at times. Like today, he's gone to teach a course at army and I'm home bound all day until he returns. Not that I mind I've got enough to keep me busy today just sucks that's all!

No comments: